fire protection behind wood burning stove
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
martineguest
Labourer
Labourer

fire protection behind wood burning stove

by martineguest » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 pm

hi we are having a wood burning stove fitted on 21st december and really would like to enjoy it on christmas day ! the problem is that the installer has just told us to "make sure the wall behind the stove is non combustible" with no other explanation. presently the wall in question is plastered. what is the best way (heat resistant screed/plaster/tiles/ what else?). we are not doubting the installer's competence but he is too busy to answer the phone so we are a bit in the dark. many thanks for your help. :roll:

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

heat resistancy

by welsh brickie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:50 am

non combustable is tiles,brick ,Its up to you,but it needs doing first before the log burners fitted

max_allan
Labourer
Labourer

fire proof

by max_allan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:15 am

Hi,

It's probably a bit late for you now but I saw a professional solve the problem with a sheet of metal against the brickwork at the back. So I did the same thing, when I bought the sheet for the register plate I got an extra metre or so at the same width, which went behind the burner. Depends if you like the look of galvanised or can afford stainless or heat proof paints.

Max

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:57 pm