Fitting a boiler
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigmel
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a boiler

by bigmel » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi ALL

Found this forum by googling !

Heres what i,m trying to do (legally) but hopeing to save a few quid as work is poor at the moment so i,m hopeing to diy most of this project my self .....or if its a no goer wait to get someone in when i,ve got more spare cash .

Basically i have a s/h boiler , heat exachanger , pump , exapansion vessle which i want to install for my koi pond . The water plumbing i believe i can do myself or rather my father inlaw will do it for me as he has done many many plumbing jobs . I know we can,t legally do the gas (although my father inlaw could install it ) obviuosly we / i want to do it properly and legally .

I need to get a gas supply from the house to the shed (filter house ) . This i believe needs to be the yellow gas pipe buried to at least 35 cm and copper pipe used from the house and into the filter shed .

What i am planning on doing is installing the yellow pipe myself , leaveing plenty spare at each end for the gas fitter to do the connections and doing the boiler pipework myself ....is this the best way to go about it ?

Also whats the regs on installing a boiler in a wooden building , its hard to find any info on google but i believe you need to mount the boiler on a fire board ??

Normally i would just get a tradesmen in to do the lot , i got a price of over £550.00 which i can,t afford in this recession so i,m hopeing to do what i can myself .
My family , house etc comes first so if its a no goer i will wait untill i ever have enough money again !

I can take pics etc if needed , i,m just trying to do my best for my koi after 2 very hard winters , diy the bits i can do and bung a gas safe enginer some cash for finishing off , we all need to make a liveing , i don,t want to appear tight but just trying to save a few bob at the moment ..

Thanks for reading

Thanks

bigmel
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fitting a boiler

by bigmel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:55 am

anyone guys ?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:35 am