Fitting a canopy hood over the cooker
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
452sue
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting a canopy hood over the cooker

by 452sue » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:20 am

Hi there I was wondering if anyone can help me. I bought a new kitchen from ebay with no fitting instructions, however i am totally stumped as to how to fit the cooker canopy hood. It is a traditional style hood made from white gloss mdf... It only has some round shaped holes in the back and they are not deep, there are no holes in the sides, if I am to fit them to the cupboards either side how will it stay up with a few screws and it is VERY very heavy! Any help or advice would be so appreciated!
Kindest regards
Sue

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:32 am

HI 452sue,
you can buy fixings for kitchen units there will be a supplier near you.
but if that's not an option i'd contact the manufacturers and asked for detailed instruction on intalling.
Or you can buy angle brackets that will attach to both unit and wall.
Regards
KB

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:10 am

It seems always the same with ebay, there is always something missing.

Extractors fit to the wall in several different ways. Often there are either two or four holes in the back that allow the unit to be fixed to the wall with screws and rawlplugs. Sometimes they have L shaped wall brackets that fit upside down on the wall and the unit slides onto them.

I always put screws in the sides into the cupboards anyway for extra support. Just because nothing is pre-drilled doesn't mean it can't be adapted!

Four 5/8" screws in either side will do the trick, but try and get something in the wall too.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:51 am