Fitting acrylic bath
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dirtydan
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting acrylic bath

by dirtydan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:41 am

I'm in the process of replacing my bathroom suite and am fitting a new acrylic bath. As no instructions came with it I need a bit of help......

The bath has two metal cradles that fit around it, onto which the adjustable feet attach. At the top of the cradle is a plastic bracket that screws into the wooden rail under the top lip of the bath.

The question is, are the metal cradles also screwed into the base of the bath??? There is a sticker on the bath that says 'use correct screws baseboard 15mm thick'. Understandably I'm a little uneasy about screwing anything into the bath and messing it up!!!

Advice appreciated......

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:00 pm

Yes they are normally screwed into the bottom of the bath - using the screws provided - if you look at the underside of the bath you will see there's a re-inforced part, normally chipboard or some kind of wood.

This is glued to the base of the bath - as long as the screws aren't longer than the thicknes of the board it'll be fine. As long as the screws don't penetrate the bath itself.

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

by nitro23456 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:34 pm

yes these attach to the bonded baseboard as well. You should also have a separate centre support leg and bracket.

As the note says, use the correct screws otherwise you will go through the wood and pierce the actual bath if they are too long.

dirtydan
Labourer
Labourer

by dirtydan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:42 am

Many thanks for the replies. It seemed like that had to be the case but wanted to make sure I wasn't being a complete dumb ******* before making any holes in my new bath!!

Cheers,
DD

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 am