fitting heated towel rail
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bill brown
Labourer
Labourer

fitting heated towel rail

Post by bill brown » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:42 pm

I have bought an electric heated liquid filled heated towel rail & want to fit it in the bathroom. I have a 13amp socket in an adjacent hot water tank cupboard which I can access by drilling through the bathroom wall that I will mount the towel rail on. Can anyone tell me what the box is called that I should use in the bathroom to connect/route the cable through and whether it is permissible to plug it into the unswitched socket in the cupboard using a 13 amp plug wuth the appropriate fuse of course?
Thanks

Bill :?:

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: fitting heated towel rail

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:32 pm

[quote="bill brown"]I have bought an electric heated liquid filled heated towel rail & want to fit it in the bathroom. I have a 13amp socket in an adjacent hot water tank cupboard which I can access by drilling through the bathroom wall that I will mount the towel rail on. Can anyone tell me what the box is called that I should use in the bathroom to connect/route the cable through and whether it is permissible to plug it into the unswitched socket in the cupboard using a 13 amp plug wuth the appropriate fuse of course?
Thanks

Bill :?:[/quote]

BILL
AS REGS ARE TO CHANGE IN 2008, I WOULD PERSONALLY
WIRE THIS TOWEL RAIL BACK TO YOUR MAINS BOARD ON ITS
OWN CIRCUIT. R.C.D PROTECTION WILL BE REQUIRED.
THIS IS PART P WORK AND NEEDS TO TO BE NOTIFIED BY
YOUR PART P SPARKY. WORK IN A BATHROOM IS ALSO CLASSED AS
A SPECIAL LOCATION, WHICH DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF WATER IS AN
INREASED SHOCK RISK AREA

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:25 am