Fitting skirting around radiator brackets
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dmasih
Labourer
Labourer

Fitting skirting around radiator brackets

Post by Dmasih » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi to you all. So, we've had an extension built on the rear of our Victorian home. We're trying to ensure the extension is in keeping with the rest of the home and so we've had nice column radiators fitted...hung from the walls. It's now time to fit the skirting and we can have 170mm as the radiator pipes are set at 180mm above the floor. However, there are support brackets under the radiators fitted to the wall (you can't see them as the columns of the radiator hang down over them) but they sit lower than the pipes and so will only allow 120mm skirting. I so want deeper skirting, Ogee profile. Is it an awful idea to cut little notches out of the top of the skirting so that deeper skirting would fit around the support brackets...or would it look terrible (keeping in mind you can't really see under the bottom of the radiator? I'll post a pic in a bit if I can but any thoughts on this would be so welcomed as we have to order it in the next couple of days. Thanks all

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fitting skirting around radiator brackets

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:07 pm

Hi dmasih,
Your notching suggestion should work fine provided there is sufficient clearance to slide the skirting into place. If you are fitting near to a corner and are using mitre joints you may have to incorporate square vertical joins either side of the radiator.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:26 pm