Flat screen (wall mounted) TV cables?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul-E
Apprentice
Apprentice

Flat screen (wall mounted) TV cables?

by Paul-E » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:39 am

We are having some work done in living room that will require a wall being re-plastered. In the future we hope to install a wall mounted Flat screen TV so would like to put cables in place now and just hide ends (that plug into TV) behind mirror or picture for time being.

Fortunately there is a double socket in place but we need to know what else to put in place so it can all be hidden before plasterer comes to do his bit.

I have had a look and think I need:

1 x 21pin scart-scart for sky box
1 x 21pin scart-scart for DVD player.

We also want Sky HD so do we need to run any cables to TV for the SKY HD picture?

Thanks in advance
Paul.

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:34 am

I faced the same problem myself and in the end gave up on wall mount. I have not got any HDMI leads yet I would need new eyes before it would be any good but I do have.
scart to sky
scart to DVD/Radio/Surround sound
3 x Phono to DVD recorder
1 x 3.5mm jack to Head phone transmitter
1 x 3.5mm jack to computer sound outlet
1 x D connector to computer video
1 x Coax for TV
Unless you do like my son and use a PC to receive everything and let that do all recording and playback so the TV is only a monitor for the media center PC then you tend to find the back and side of TV is full of leads and leads like the scart are not that long to go in and out of trunking. There are special loft boxes and wall splitters designed to combine and split TV and Sky signals which require two or three coaxes depending on make from loft to TV and by using RF or HDMI leads rather than scart you do get thiner leads which are more able to be passed through a tube but would still need to be a little on large size. There is I believe only one TV at the moment with sky built in and not sure if that's free to air only or if it can except a card. There are a number of TV's with built in hard drives but those with built in DVD players tend to have them built into base which does not lend itself to wall mounting.
And with mine I am still feeding through devices with VCR connected to DVD recorder and RF transmitter connected to DVD player etc. But I can view Sky and what is on DVD player on all TV's in house. Although I have not got the loft box so I can only change channels from living room. Loft boxes allow remote remotes so you can change channel from bedroom.
Have fun Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:09 pm