DIY Doctor

Flexible tap connector

Postby trogre » Mon May 23, 2011 5:10 pm

I am going to replace taps in kitchen and reuse the 15mm flexi connectors.The type are the sort that push into the tap and seal with a O ring before tightening.
I have at present no leaks from these O rings but would like to be ready with new ones just in case they leak after reuse.I see Wicks sell assorted O rings but has anybody got any idea for the size of these rings.The packs come in sizes of 1/16" ,3/32" and 1/8".
Plumbers merchants may even sell replacement rings but again need to know size before I go in.
Thank you for any help.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:15 pm


Simply Build It

Postby alavapint » Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Nobody can guess what make of connector you have, there are dozens of manufacturers of flexi pipes, and I bet they all use similar/diffent sizes.

Why take chances ... just fit new flexi pipes. They are far too cheap to begin worrying about O rings. ... 00mm/77154
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics