DIY Doctor

Main navigation

flue skirt ? or whatever they are called!

Postby elonex » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:52 pm

hello all,

bit of advice needed.

the plumber i employed 12 months ago to fit and re-route a new boiler did a runner and bunked off to spain mid job (holiday), without telling me.

i got someone else in to finish the job after sacking the original guy, but there is one leftover job that needs doing.

the pipe from the boiler goes out the back of the house (dorma), he has cut through the wood, but there is no rubber skirt in place or something to seal the gap of about 10mm all the way round the pipe.

what exactly do i need?
where can i get it?
roughly how much?

boiler = potterton performa 24 he

many thanks for taking the time to read - and possibly reply to this 'minor' issue :mrgreen:
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:44 pm


Simply Build It

Postby Paulo83 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:07 pm

Goto plumb center with details of boiler and explain what your after, they'll get you what you need
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:21 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics