fluroescent light not working.. urgent please
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sepultrapete
Labourer
Labourer

fluroescent light not working.. urgent please

by sepultrapete » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Hello, just joined the forum. Hope you can help. The light in our bathroom just does NOT want to work!.
I have replaced the Starter twice, have even tried changing the bulb, but nope, problem persists; the bulb in question is a 'circular' or ring type. The starter is an 'Powerstart' FS-U 4-80w 220-250v.
The problem is that whenever the light is switched on, the Starter does it's bit (glows blue), and then.... well nothing. The bulb finally comes to life after about a minute. So... what's going on???
Pete

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: fluroescent light not working.. urgent please

by BLAKEY1963 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:12 pm

[quote="sepultrapete"]Hello, just joined the forum. Hope you can help. The light in our bathroom just does NOT want to work!.
I have replaced the Starter twice, have even tried changing the bulb, but nope, problem persists; the bulb in question is a 'circular' or ring type. The starter is an 'Powerstart' FS-U 4-80w 220-250v.
The problem is that whenever the light is switched on, the Starter does it's bit (glows blue), and then.... well nothing. The bulb finally comes to life after about a minute. So... what's going on???
Pete[/quote]

PETE
IF U HAVE CHANGED 4 NEW THE STARTER , AND THE BULB , THEN
THE ONLY THING LEFT IS THE ACTUAL CHOKE UNIT OR ELECTRONIC TRANSNFORMER. THESE R NOT SO EASY TO REPLACE ,SO
IF YOU CAN T GET ONE U R LOOKING AT A NEW FITTING.

BLAKEY1963

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:05 pm

hi, only other thing is fluorescents require a good earth in order to 'strike' so check that out first, regards SPARX

sepultrapete
Labourer
Labourer

by sepultrapete » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:32 am

okay, first thanks for the reply- was waiting for it all day!...
second.. Blakey, what's a choke unit??!!! I'm not talking about a car, mate!
3. Don't think a transformer will do it.. dunno what that is, either...
the only transformer I know about is one which you used to use for a train set, etc.!
4. A new fitting.. what type? Just any old light fitting, or a specific one?
5. Sparx.. Thanks for your reply also! Have to check that one out...

Cheers to both of you.
Will get back on the result soon..
pete :shock:

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:39 am