Flush socket fittings
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bianca32
Labourer
Labourer

Flush socket fittings

by bianca32 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:49 pm

I've made a bit of a mess, making holes in the wall so that i could have flush socket fittings. I have hollow bricks and now have nothing to fix the back box onto. how can i solve this problem? and what would be the best way of filling around the back boxes?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:24 pm

bianca32,
What are your was made of?
Plasterboard, plaster, render?
You say hollow bricks!
Does that mean you have chased out the full size of brick and now it's hollow behind it or you have chased out plasterboard and it's hollow stud wall?
and how deep is the hole?
KB

bianca32
Labourer
Labourer

by bianca32 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:01 pm

The bricks behind the render are hollow, well kind of like honeycomb thing. Similar to what they use on the continent apparently. The holes are probably a bit deeper than the boxes. A friend has told me to just use a compo of plaster, sand and cement to keep them in place and also fill the gaps at the same time?????????? I thought, perhaps running a wooden baton through the back and pluging the sockets to that, but still wasn't sure what to fill with really

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:48 pm

bianca32,
All good ideas, see which suits best. Remember you want your socket-outlets good and firm in wall. I'd be thinkink combination off both, wood to give you solid base to work on fill to desired depth with compo for socket-outlets, leaving enough room for cables to be installed and fill out with plaster.
KB

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:25 am