Form filling
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

ericmark

Form filling

by ericmark » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Sorry for new post there was a problem answering original kept going round and round in circles so first original post:- "can anybody help me im trying to finish off a test certificate and in the design,construction and inspection section they ask you to certify the work in accordance with bs7671,what date should i enter here and secondly which date should be entered in the ammended to box. cheers ian
another quick one guys on form filling,on a new installation certificate they ask for characteristics of primary supply overcurrent protective devices ,on a large installation with numerous sub stations am i right in thinking that the switch in question is the main switch on each sub station on the lv side. and also where they ask for details of main switch or circuit breaker are these details taken from the breaker that is supplying the dis board you are testing or the main integral circuit breaker of that dis board i hope this makes sense cheers ian".
Hello Ian2799 I have tried to answer this but seems DIY Doctor is having problems so my reply disappeared.
The dates are on page 7 in 17th Edition for 16th Edition.
April 2000. BS 767 1:2001 issued Amendment No 2 issued, March 2004
Or SEVENTEENTH EDITION BS 7671:2008 issued, January 2008 enter NA for Amendment dates as there are non as yet.
I do understand your problem before taking C&G2391 I also was uncertain of how to fill in the forms. But the 2391 uses the IET standard form as found in the 17th Edition and going through this form page 331 I would enter “amended to N/A (date)” the same on page 332 so page 333 asks for Main Switch or Circuit-breaker and normally that would be the one in the board you are working on (I will assume this is primary supply overcurrent protective devices as this is not shown on sample forms) but where it is supplied from a RCD or moulded breaker one may wish to show the limitations which these give to the supply in which case using that as the details for Main Switch or Circuit-breaker may be more appropriate. But in some cases these will not exist where feed from buss bars or so remote as to be not really accessible. And so in the main I would give details of the one in the box you are working on. Remember these forms are made as one size fits all so there will be from time to time some things which don’t quite fit into slots. I have also seen where some forms do ask for extra information like installation method and type of cable used. There is a problem where testers only test those items to which they need to enter results for and as a result some people have produced test sheets requiring the extra like R1 + Rn. But others will produce detailed plans of what has been fitted and the test results are only an extra to the other documents so don’t require the extra information so as a one size fit all it is not included. Sorry about delay in answering the forum was having problems and I was unable to post reply. I see there is some other reply on count but it has not appeared yet. If you get a reply from Sparx take his advice he does have more experience than me.

There are a few things like EEBADS 413-02 is no longer listed in 17th Edition and I think you should use PEBADS see 411 and 430 only but I am sure most will continue to use EEBADS for method of fault protection.

On the forms which ask for installation method this has all changed with 17th Edition and also some ask for cable type which is OK with installation certificate but on a periodic inspection report I think we should be given that information not asked to find it. If I am not sure I never guess just leave blank or enter NA.

All best Eric

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am