Foundation + Base
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Goldenacre
Labourer
Labourer

Foundation + Base

by Goldenacre » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:09 am

We have just had the foundations + base done from a big company unfortunately during the cold no sorry freezing weather, I have had advise from a local builder saying the base and wall are badly frost damaged?? and probably foundations also. The company are telling me nothing wrong with foundations. What can happen if this is all frost damaged and they continue to build??

Goldenacre
Labourer
Labourer

by Goldenacre » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:05 am

What I ment to add is the company is admiting dwarf wall, mortar joints?? are damaged by frost but telling me base foundations are ok and want to push on erecting the rest.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

frost damage

by welsh brickie » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:37 pm

work should always be covered if frost is forcast,If not the frost will turn the mortar to powder.
Use a screwdriver and try to scrape the mortar out after it has been set for a couple of days,if its easy to do so ask them to redo the brickwork.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Discover how easy it is to find vetted and insured tradesman local to your area with the help of DIY Doctor. Visit our Find a Tradesman area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:18 am