Fully automated climate control
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Patc
Labourer
Labourer

Fully automated climate control

by Patc » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:37 pm

I'm looking to build a system for reptiles and aquatic plants that can accurately maintain precise and constant temperature and humidity levels with UV air sterilisation and HEPA filters within rooms of about 4.5m3 with air replacement of at least 270m3/hour.

I have limited knowledge and would like recommendations on how to create such a system entirely within ducting, using as little space as possible.

For example the best I've been able to come up with is :
Outside air>intake fan>inline duct heater with thermostat>inline uv sterilisation>HEPA filter>room>extractor fan>carbon filter

However not too sure how to precisely and accurately manage the humidity inline without using a fan controller and potentially disrupting the flow of fresh air to achieve this.

Any ideas and advice would be much appreciated.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Fully automated climate control

by ericmark » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:11 pm

For temperature the STC-1000 was for many years the one used to control temperature, the E-1000 was slightly better, but the Inkbird ITC 308 comes ready built so now seems to be the one everyone uses for reptiles and beer brewing.

As to humidity not a clue.

Patc
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Fully automated climate control

by Patc » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply Eric, that helps. Inkbird do a humidity controller aswell so that's definitely an idea.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1