Fully Qualified Electrician
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stuart_craigon2003
Tradesman
Tradesman

Fully Qualified Electrician

by stuart_craigon2003 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Is anyone a fully qualified electrician? I don't want to keep posting questions every so often. I’d like to have a contact with an electrician if I can.

Thanks.

Stuart

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi Stuart,
There are a number of fully qualified leckies on here, some are also registered for Bldg Regs 'Part-p' self certification.
I am sure it would be nice for you to have direct access to one or more of us, however most of us have a living to earn so have limited time to spend on here.
Some of us also operate on 'trade only' forums for our own benefit, and so we tend to pick which questions to answer bearing in mind we have to assess the competancy of the poster so as not to lead the untrained into danger.
For this reason we quite often suggest someone gets professional help when they are clearly in too deep for their apparent skill/understanding level.
Nothing wrong with several posts, just let it be known how much/little you understand then it's easier to give relevent answers,
regards SPARX (17th ed. C&G Qualified, M.I.Diag.E. P.eng. WC & chain)

ericmark

by ericmark » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:20 am

Hi Stuart,
As Sparx says there are quite a few of us with qualifications but we never stop learning I also have C & G for 17th Edition etc. And a degree in electrical and electronic engineering but I don't know it all and much is not black and white. Also as well as considering the skill of person asking question also one must consider how those who just read are going to act on information given you will see we will not assist with intruder alarms for example.
We also get the same question asked again and again and after a while one stops answering these repeated questions.
If you see how many people remove their ceiling roses without taking note of where each wire goes you will see what I mean.
Also sometimes we do misread the question and when one of the others see it they can correct it.
And sometimes we may not log in for a few weeks when busy.
And we ask between our selves at times where we are sure something is not write but we can't see quite why and with the new regulations having just come into force this is happening a lot at the moment where we are working out how best to implement the changes.
All best Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 pm