Garage Guttering Pipe Size Help!
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GazzyUK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Garage Guttering Pipe Size Help!

by GazzyUK » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi all, for a few years I’ve noticed that the house developers had forgotten to fit a down pipe to the guttering on the garage, and so rain has been going over the fence without being channelled. The pipe coming down from the guttering measures 6cm.

I’ve bought a number of bits to fit and they all work, except the I think I’ve bought the wrong width pipe to attach to the last spigot - it should go around the fitting but it goes inside the last bend (should go outside from the looks of it) and so is a little loose by about 2mm each side. No amount of silicon is going to fix it.

Any ideas where to get some sort of converter from, like w connector but one that makes a male to make connection? I’ve got 60mm pipe, and the last spigot claims ‘for use with 112mm half round and Hunter Ogee only’.

Many thanks in advance!

GazzyUK
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Garage Guttering Pipe Size Help!

by GazzyUK » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Got this sorted in the end - one of the connectors was mislabelled, but by this point I'd already done the legwork. I got hold of a 68mm to 50mm reducer, and it all fits and works perfectly. It was hell getting one of these locally so went online - part R666.

I had another nightmare replacing some drainpipe clips for the soil pipe on the side of my mums house, and it turns out the pipe is a rather non-standard 82mm pipe. Again, another nightmare getting hold of these but found them fairly closeby in West Building Supplies, Bridlington.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 pm