Gas boiler in outhouse
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JoW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gas boiler in outhouse

by JoW » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:41 pm

I am trying to make up my mind whether to go ahead with a Warm Front grant.

The installer wants to put the boiler in a small bedroom which I am not keen on. (I am told it can't go in my kitchen because it would be over a draining board). I would prefer my outhouse where my current old boiler is situated.

What are your thoughts on new gas combi condensing boilers in outhouses? I am told that they have to have extra sensors because they are situated in a non-living area ie a non-warmed area in cold weather.

Should I be pushing for the boiler to go in an outhouse or would it really be better in a bedroom?

GeckoGas
Tradesman
Tradesman

by GeckoGas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:43 am

If the old boiler is in the outhouse I would suggest that all the pipes are there ready for the engineer to connect onto and that it would be an easier job overall to keep it where it is....

What reason has the engineer given for it not going in the outhouse; most modern boilers have "anti-freeze" sensors already built in, so no additional controls should be needed.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:21 am

Are you sure you want a combi boiler? How many bathrooms/ensuites do you have? How many people are living in your home? How much hot water do you use? Is there an existing shower? Is the shower compatable with a combi boiler? Many installers fit combi boilers as a "fit all" solution they are NOT, if you require any further advise please ask. Also be careful of which brand and out put they are planning to supply you with as there is a lot of junk in the market place and that grant could cost you a lot more than you think.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1