Getting Damp after work has been done??
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
adamjblakey
Labourer
Labourer

Getting Damp after work has been done??

Post by adamjblakey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:25 am

Hi,

I am getting damp in the up stairs area of my house and do not know what to do about it. I had a roofer come round and have a look he put a new valley gutter on and also do some pointing work which he said should solve the problem.

About 3 months later and i am still getting damp. It only happens upstairs and is in every room apart from 1 of the bedrooms. Where shall i turn to get this fixed, as after the roofer has taken a lot of money off me, i don't want to have to spend a lot more money.

Thanks,
Adam

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

Advice

Post by dcmoore » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:38 am

It may be that you have a problem with condensation. Do you have any signs of black mould? This is a very common occurrance this time of year, particularly with central heating fuelling the issue combined with a lack of ventilation.

Take a look at any one of our damp/condensation projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need.

However, it may be an idea to get in touch with the man who did the work. Hopefully he gave you a guarantee and should therefor come and correct anything that wasnt done properly.

I hope this is of use to you.

All the best

adamjblakey
Labourer
Labourer

Post by adamjblakey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes there is black mould coming through in places. I will try giving that number and ring and see what they say thank you.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:26 pm