DIY Doctor

Glasgow Tenement

Postby conn15 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:49 pm

Where would I find my water stop valve? There are three pipes outside my flat on the landing would it be one of those pipes I would need to shut off if making any repairs to my toilet? If so what type of tool would I need to shut it off?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:20 pm


Simply Build It

Postby chris_on_tour2002 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:17 am

if you are not sure what those pipes are you are probably best leaving well alone. they are probably communal. your stopcock will usually be under the kitchen sink - check there first.

also check the feed pipe for the toilet, it may be fitted with an isolator, or service valve.

if no joy then you need to contact either the management company for the block (if there is one) or the local authority. bear in mind they may charge if they have to come out and shut it off for you
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 1024
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics