Gloss paint like it used to be
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Nick42
Labourer
Labourer

Gloss paint like it used to be

by Nick42 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 pm

When I first started decorating my own house, buying gloss paint was easy - you looked at the colour card, chose and bought. Admittedly you had to take care applying it, but the finish you could achieve was second to none.
Now it is all non-drip or one coat of satin finish; try as I might they just don't give the same result. The nearest I seem to be able to get to traditional gloss is trade gloss, which comes in big tins of either white or black.
Any suggestions as to how I can get hold of 'traditional ' gloss, in a decent range of colours?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:34 pm

Nick42,
Find you local Dulux centre and get them to mix topcoat in colour of your choice. Make sure it is spirit based.
end

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:00 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 am