Glow-Worm 55F cover fault - help please!!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nig87101
Labourer
Labourer

Glow-Worm 55F cover fault - help please!!

by nig87101 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Wonder if anyone can advise me. I have a Glow-Worm 55F gas boiler that was serviced back in July last year but has since developed a fault. The symptoms are that on the start up cycle the pilot light ignites but instead of the main burner firing up the pilot light igniter continues to fire (even though the pilot light is already lit) and nothing else happens. If I press the palm of my hand on the middle of the cover, the boiler will then complete the starting cycle and the main burner fires. Most times, when I take my hand away, the boiler continues to run for around 30secs and then the main burner goes out and it reverts back to the fault above. This problem is a lot worse (ironically) when it is colder. It has been mooted that the cover seal may be the problem, due to other (well known) faults, fan etc, the cover has been off a few times.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Aarovic
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Aarovic » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:15 pm

The boiler ignition lead is shorting against the boiler case - a common problem with this boiler. Suggest you get a CORGI installer to sort it out as it involves removig the boiler case.

nig87101
Labourer
Labourer

by nig87101 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:21 pm

Thanks for that Aarovic, will look into it.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1