glow worm c30 boiler pressure loss
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wayned
Labourer
Labourer

glow worm c30 boiler pressure loss

Post by wayned » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:01 pm

I have a glow worm boiler about 3 years old, it's losing pressure but not throught the sysytem as have isolated it and tested, when the boiler was working on heating the saftey valve would leak and the pressure on the boiler would read 2.7, when the boiler is switched off the pressure when then drop to 0.4 so it needed topping up, have looked around the boiler itself for leaks but it's dry, wondering if it could be the expansion vessel, have put a pump on it and blew it up a bit, problem stopped for about a week but has returned any ideas apart from this, if this is the case could i mount a new external expansion vessel on the return pipe as the in house one is major expensive?

trevski
Labourer
Labourer

Post by trevski » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:50 pm

wayned, the problem you are having sounds like the braided flexible pipe which connects to the pressure vessel has been kinked flat during manufacture, so pressure vessel is not connected to system try squeezing across the flattened pipe, you should here water releasing into the pressure vessel, glow-worm say that it`s the way they chuck em together in the factory! I had same problem on a system took ages to fathom out, seconds to cure and no parts needed. hope this helps you

zas31
Labourer
Labourer

Post by zas31 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:00 pm

[quote="trevski"]wayned, the problem you are having sounds like the braided flexible pipe which connects to the pressure vessel has been kinked flat during manufacture, so pressure vessel is not connected to system try squeezing across the flattened pipe, you should here water releasing into the pressure vessel, glow-worm say that it`s the way they chuck em together in the factory! I had same problem on a system took ages to fathom out, seconds to cure and no parts needed. hope this helps you[/quote]

Trevski, how do you access the braided pipi? It's buried deep behind the pump?

Any tips appreciated!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1