Gorilla glue
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
donny last
Labourer
Labourer

Gorilla glue

by donny last » Mon May 28, 2007 3:51 pm

Iv'e seen this glue called Gorilla glue,, claims to be the strongest glue in the world. Water is used to dampen whatever your glueing and it's clamped. This company also makes Gorilla tape. Anyone here ever used this stuff? It's sort of pricy.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed May 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Never used it but have also heard its a great glue. Its American and if its claims are even 50% true it could well take the construction market by storm later.

nllsmith
Apprentice
Apprentice

Gorilla glue

by nllsmith » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:07 am

I bought some in the states a couple of years ago (because I'd heard of it but never seen it in England !). It's a bit like expanding foam, only it doesn't expand very much. Like the foam, it's very, very sticky.
Like all glues, it has some applications where it's perfect, and some where it's not so good. If you are binding 2 surfaces, and can clamp them together, then it's perfect. It doesn't work so well on sticking things edge to edge.

Having said that - I glued my sons split shoes with it and it's lasted 6 months, which has amazed me.

I would recommend that everyone gets some and keeps it for when wood glue is just wrong, araldite is too hard and evo-stick isn't strong enough.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm