Guitar Pedalboard..help please with MDF!
Ask questions and find answers on a range of subjects relating to self build projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
christam1
Labourer
Labourer

Guitar Pedalboard..help please with MDF!

by christam1 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi there, I'm new to this forum - and I'm also new to DIY. However, have just managed to cut up/put together pieces of MDF using wood glue to create a board for my guitar pedals to stick to (using carpet as a base, with velcro on the backs of the pedals).

This is all fine, but my problem lies with the power supply on the board. It's roughly 20cm long, 5cm high and wide. It has small legs on the base, so I can't put velcro on it like I have done to the rest of the pedals.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I could do here to fix my power supply to the MDF securely?

This is probably a really easy question, but I have no clue!

Thanks for reading :) [/img]

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

by ALDA » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:49 pm

WHAT ABOUT A FEW VELCRO STRAPS OVER THE TOP OF POWER SUPPLY AT CONVENIENT LOCATIONS.

WILL BE BOTH SECURE AND PROVIDE EASY DISMANTLING.

HAPPY DIY'ING

ALDA.

al_hunter_1984
Labourer
Labourer

by al_hunter_1984 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm

how about drilling holes to accommodate the legs of the power supply (assuming they're only tiny) and attaching velcro to the back as per the others so the legs slot through the board and the velcro on the back attaches to the board in the same way all the pedals do?

Good luck

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:32 am