halstead quattro rattle
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dreaddan
Labourer
Labourer

halstead quattro rattle

by dreaddan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi, I've got a halstead quattro combi boiler.
Which about 2 weeks ago wouldn't fire for hot water or ch for a evening but came back the next day.

We had British gas(we have there homecare thing) out who had a look and 'cleaned the fan' but has left an annoying rattle when it starts to heat up and goes away once warm . We've had them back to sort it but they cannot find the problem.
The rattle is something moving in the fan area, as if I press the top of the case down at the back it will stop.

Does any one know what it might be?

Cheers
Dan

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:51 pm

probably just the boiler case rattling, if pressing down on the top of the boiler that's all it could be really.

you could try tightening all screws, but if it wasn't like that before and you pay for homecare, get your money's worth and get them back out to remedy it

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:31 pm

Could be a number of things, so get B.G. back and keep getting them back until they have fixed to your satisfaction, thats why you pay them!

dreaddan
Labourer
Labourer

by dreaddan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:04 pm

I will keep getting them back but means taking time off work as they wont come out out of hours or on the weekends :evil:
All screws are tight.

Bay Plumbing
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Bay Plumbing » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:33 pm

Dreaddan
are you held up by the homecare as it sounds like your not getting the service your paying for? if I was [u]Not[/u] held by it I would find some way of getting out and finding a rep Local company,it's not the first time I've heard about BG making what i call apprentice mistakes, the engineers are pushed to get jobs done each day sometimes up to 8-9 services,now a service should take an hour and there is only 8 hours to a working day not including lunch,mistakes will happen,and BG are well established but make sure you get your problems solved andyour monies worth.

sorry for the rant couple of Ciders n I'm anyones!!

Mark

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1