DIY Doctor

Have I been Cowboy Builder'ed?

Postby pyroma17 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi all.

Recently moved into a new house and had a roofer out to sort out the rotting old fascias and guttering. They also re-bedded the gable end tiles as the old bed was in pieces.

I've had another roofer round to get a quote for a new extension we're getting, and they had some issues with the work that the other roofer has done.
Essentially, they're saying that the roof tiles should overhang over the fascia by 25mm which they now don't.
The old roofer also attached a thin trim strip on to the fascia flush to the gable bed. The new roofer said it should just be one solid board and the trim is covering up ill-fitting fascias.
Which of these is correct? Have I been rogue trader'ed?

Cheers for your help
pyroma17
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Hi pyroma17
It all depends on what you specified for “sorting out the rotting old facias and gutter”. Did you get alternative estimates for comparison? The old adage ‘you get what you pay for” still rings true today.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!