DIY Doctor

Heat resisting cable

Postby DIOGENES998 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:52 pm

When BG fitted a CH pump they used flex, which does not give a good contact with the push-in type terminals on the pump.
The pump makers say
"Use heat resisting 3 x 0.75 mm2 core cable with rubber insulation rated at 110 deg C minimum."

I have not been able to find any.

Any ideas on a supplier of just 1 or 2 metres of this HR cable?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:48 pm


Simply Build It

Postby 27col » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Screwfix sell it, but not in small quantities.
I have bought small lengths in the past but can't remember where. Why don't you keep a look out for an electricians van. They almost certainly would keep stocks. Failing that it might be worth while ringing someone from the yellow pages on the off chance. There must still be small companies out there who have got a shop.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Postby Burnerman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:58 pm

Heat resisting 3 core will still be flex you can get it cut to length from a good small specialist electrical wholesaler. Ask for butyl that's what us dinosaurs call it.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:02 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics