Heating Always On - Timer Doesn't Work
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Warm Pete
Labourer
Labourer

Heating Always On - Timer Doesn't Work

by Warm Pete » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:04 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help. My central heating is on constantly and only controllable through the hall thermostat (I have it at about 19C when in and about 16C overnight). The timer doesn't work at all. Using it as I do currently is OK but I would prefer to have it off most of the time - just kicking on for an hour in the morning just before I have to get up and a few hours in the evening.

My system consists of a Ideal Classic FF 360 in the garage with a frost thermostat set to 4C. I have the boiler thermostat set to 3 out of 6. This interlinks with a Gledhill Boilermate 2000 with a timer clock situated in the house - set to normal operation.

The whole system is about 4 years old from when the house was built.

I thought the problem was with the timer clock and had this replaced but no joy. It turns out that the system even works when the timer clock is removed and all the wires are hanging out loose which seems odd!

Can anyone help???

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:15 pm

This reminds me of a fault I saw years ago. It took me ages to work out the frost stat was wired the wrong way, so when it got warm, the heating turned on regardless of the timer setting.

Turn the stat up as high as it will go and see what happens.

Warm Pete
Labourer
Labourer

Frost Thermostat

by Warm Pete » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Marrtin - Great thought, will give it a go and let you know. Thanks, Peter

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:46 am