Heating starts then stops ??
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matty007
Labourer
Labourer

Heating starts then stops ??

Post by matty007 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Guys,

Potterton EP200
Netaheat Electronic

New to this and can confirm that I am useless, however I hope you might be able to offer some advice.

Central heating has been working fine all Winter, then this week needed some heat and when we turned it on the pilot fired up normally but soon stopped and I noticed that the boiler seemed medium hot, but to be honest I couldnt tell you if this is normal.

I thought maybe the thermostat had triggered the 'shut down' due to the rooms being the requested temperature, but I am not too sure.

Currently the heating is off and the pilot light seems to burning brightly for the hot water.

Hope this all makes sense and if any of you might be able to offer some advice that would be most helpful.

Matt

Fluid
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Fluid » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:18 am

Hi pal,

I'm a central heating engineer. I'm assuming your DHW (hot water) is gravity circulated and your CH is pumped!! My first point of call would be the CH pump.... if you can pace your hand on it while the timer is calling for CH. If you cant feel or hear anything from it then its a safe bet you'll need a new one! Or if your feeling brave give it a a bit of a crack with a hammer, just might free it up!!

Hope that helps

bhatotia
Labourer
Labourer

Under Floor Heating

Post by bhatotia » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:37 am

One by one the flow and the return valves are opened and closed purging the loops of air. When this is completed and the filling valves closed off, the pumps should be run for five minutes and the air vented again at the air bleed valve on the filling valves until all air is bled from the system.

heaterman
Labourer
Labourer

Post by heaterman » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:17 pm

This is down to the water not pumping, thats normally the main cause

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1