Heating System Design Problem in new Build Property
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Goose33
Labourer
Labourer

Heating System Design Problem in new Build Property

by Goose33 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

I've just recently moved into a new build and believe there is a fundamental flaw in the upstairs heating design. I have a gas fired Vaillant eco plus 618 boiler and an unvented system. The prog/stat is situated on the landing and I am informed that a bypass is required and as such the radiator in the master bedroom has no TRV. There is also no rad on the landing and a passive input ventilation outlet there.

The problem I have is that the landing is struggling to get up to temperature; no rad plus void being filled with cold air from the loft via the PIV. As a result the master bedroom rad is running full tilt and making the room way too hot.

The developers have suggested fitting a trv to this rad and taking the one off the towel rad in the bathroom; problem solved?! With this set up I now see the bedrooms coming up to temperature and turning off on their respective TRVs, only for the boiler to keep running for the timed period, trying to get the landing up to temperature.

To my mind the way to solve this problem would be to fit a rad on the landing. I would appreciate any suggestions on a suitable resolution.

Many thanks.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/sitt ... z5FNZSrzur