DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Help Describing a Complicated Hinge

Postby Just_Passing_Through » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:21 am

I need some help with technical vocabulary.
I am translating into English a text about a very unusual book that has wooden boards instead of pages. They are all joined together by a complicated hinge as seen in the attached pictures.
I would welcome any expert comments on how to properly describe the hinge and its various parts. It has a single pin with two end-caps(?) that runs through a series of knuckles(?) attached to leaves(?)/brackets(?) that are each (apart from the central one) shaped like three sides of a rectangle.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics