Help Needed Removing Dead Body Smell in Concrete
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
edgarina
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed Removing Dead Body Smell in Concrete

Post by edgarina » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:52 pm

I had a tenant unfortunately die in a house and wasn't found for a few weeks. The concrete below the area he died smells pretty bad and is stained. Thinking urine would be a significant component I scrubbed with vinegar but that didn't seem to help. Then I tried two coats of good quality water seal concrete treatment but the smell persists. Its been weeks now with windows open 24/7 and I have gutted the house and totally redecorated as it was a mess. Its old turn of the century attached house the concrete is in fair condition.

I am losing money hand over fist at the moment with empty properties and would like to avoid paying for a concrete overskim. Is there a product I could properly seal the floor with like a resin based product that will solve my problem and can these be used over the waterseal treatment I have already used?

Any suggestions very welcome

cmorales
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Help Needed Removing Dead Body Smell in Concrete

Post by cmorales » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:37 am

I guess, if there is Ambi Pur near ng grocery store you just buy it and spray to concrete to remove the dead body smell. Hopefully it works.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 am