Help needed wiring Quad Bar Ceiling Light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kpatm
Labourer
Labourer

Help needed wiring Quad Bar Ceiling Light

by kpatm » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Hello,
I recently bought a Quad Bar light fitting,But when I wired it up and turned on the power the lights come on but no matter if I turn the wall switch on or off the light stays on.The roof wiring has 2 sets of wires,the first has 1 Black,1 Red and 1 Green wire,the second has 1 Black,3 Red and 2 Green.The Quad bar has 4 Blue,4 Brown and 1 green wire..Hope someone can help me here.I would enclose a few Images but I dont know how to.Cheers

P.S The Quad Bar is just a bar with 4 Lights on it.Also The original light seems to have used a Looped circuit.

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Help needed wiring Quad Bar Ceiling Light

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:01 pm

[quote="kpatm"]Hello,
I recently bought a Quad Bar light fitting,But when I wired it up and turned on the power the lights come on but no matter if I turn the wall switch on or off the light stays on.The roof wiring has 2 sets of wires,the first has 1 Black,1 Red and 1 Green wire,the second has 1 Black,3 Red and 2 Green.The Quad bar has 4 Blue,4 Brown and 1 green wire..Hope someone can help me here.I would enclose a few Images but I dont know how to.Cheers

P.S The Quad Bar is just a bar with 4 Lights on it.Also The original light seems to have used a Looped circuit.[/quote]

KPATM
LOOK AT DOC S PROJECT SECTION ON LIGHTING CIRCUITS
AND SWITCHES.
THERE R PICTURES THERE 2 HELP U.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 am