Help needed with hole in wall after removing panels
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
damien36721
Labourer
Labourer

Help needed with hole in wall after removing panels

by damien36721 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:45 pm

Hello everyone, new to the forum but in need of some advice. We bought a house and have been renovating it while living there, got alot done so far but came to the dining room and have hit a problem. Will post pictures aswell so you can see what has been located. Stripped the walls had to remove the radiator to take off the last of the panels that were half way up the walls, that bits fine apart from the pipes go up from the radiator to the ceiling not really sure why but thats OK, got a plumber that can sort that out when he moves the heater. The issue is a wall, its been dot and dabbed and I found this out when I removed some of the panels and uncovered a nice hole, the floor needs to go i know this as its damp and no good but what do I do about the wall? Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated thanks guys!
Attachments
20210107_173957.jpg

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help needed with hole in wall after removing panels

by stoneyboy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Hi damien36721
It is difficult to see what you are dealing with apart from a hole in a wall which is black. If there is a stable material in the hole fill it with a weak mortar mix but you may have to deal with rising damp.
Regards S

SarsaparillaSunrise
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Help needed with hole in wall after removing panels

by SarsaparillaSunrise » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:36 pm

I recently had the same issue in my front hallway, the only way I knew there was an issue was when I lifted the carpet up and spotted a small hole in the floorboard next to the skirting. Fingers poked through the hole to investigate went straight through the joist.

Recently had the whole lot replaced, including major repairs to the walls including plastering once the affected bricks were replaced - looked very much as yours did in your picture.

So get that floor up asap and check the joists and investigate what's also the otherside of that wall - by the way, I have a Victorian property, plasterer used non lime-based mortar/render, which I was far from happy about, so worth ensuring the correct ones are used for your repairs. Good luck.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:36 am