HELP!! RCD problem.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bigpants
Labourer
Labourer

HELP!! RCD problem.

by bigpants » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:16 pm

My RCD tripped (again) and since then my Cable box has not worked.

I have reset the RCD and have tried the cable box in different sockets around the house. I have also tried replacing the fuse in the plug. At first I thought that it had blown the Cable box but I have since discovered that my Xbox (old one) does not work either and that has been in a box for a few weeks whilst decorating and nowhere near a socket. All other appliances work in these sockets including, phone chargers, TV, DVD player, Home phone, Iron etc.

As far as the set up for the RCD goes, I have 2 switches dedicated for sockets.

Is it because they (cable and Xbox) run on higher voltages than other appliances? (that would surely not explain the DVD and TV working

Is there a replaceable fuse in the RCD?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: HELP!! RCD problem.

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:08 pm

[quote="bigpants"]My RCD tripped (again) and since then my Cable box has not worked.

I have reset the RCD and have tried the cable box in different sockets around the house. I have also tried replacing the fuse in the plug. At first I thought that it had blown the Cable box but I have since discovered that my Xbox (old one) does not work either and that has been in a box for a few weeks whilst decorating and nowhere near a socket. All other appliances work in these sockets including, phone chargers, TV, DVD player, Home phone, Iron etc.

As far as the set up for the RCD goes, I have 2 switches dedicated for sockets.

Is it because they (cable and Xbox) run on higher voltages than other appliances? (that would surely not explain the DVD and TV working

Is there a replaceable fuse in the RCD?[/quote]

BIGPANTS
R C D IS SEALED UNIT.
I KNOW U HAVE LOOKED AT FUSES , BUT CHECK CABLE FOR
DAMAGE ON THESE BOXES.
IF SOUND AND NO SIGN OF SHORTING , THEN THESE
BOXES R PROBALY FAULTY.
U DON GET A PROBLEM WITH THE OTHER EQUIPMENT.
FINALLY THERE IS A RCD TEST THAT CAN DONE BY AN ELECTRICIAN TO GIVE U PIECE OF MIND.

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:40 pm