DIY Doctor

Help to identify washer needed for mixer tap valve or replacement valve

Postby bullfinch » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Hello

My kitchen mixer tap has been leaking from the spout. I replaced the two washers found at the end of the valves with like for like. However it didn't fix the problem. I think the original washers may not have been right in the first place as the washers do not stay attached to the end of the valve.

The mixer tap looks pretty bog standard but I cannot find another valve which has the same bottom end so I can't find the correct washer or a replacement valve.

Please can someone enlighten me?

Many thanks
Attachments
valvewasher.jpg
tap.jpg
bullfinch
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:10 pm

Hi bullfinch
You have a standard 1/2” valve so buy a 1/2” washer, this may be a flat washers or one with rounded corners, both easily available.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby bullfinch » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:40 pm

The 1/2" washer fits and has stopped the drip. The 1/2" washer was smaller than the one that was there before, which is what I suspected.

Thank you for your help.
bullfinch
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!