Help with a ^ shaped pitched roof Tiling costs/options
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
topcap69t
Labourer
Labourer

Help with a ^ shaped pitched roof Tiling costs/options

Post by topcap69t » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:54 am

Hi

I am having a 5m by 6m outhouse built. The Chippy is putting the wood roof structure on next week. I have roughly calculated the roof size based on the following.

The roof plate will be on the 6M side with. The anle of the roof will be approx 18-20 degrees.

Therefore with a bit of maths for half the roof (upto the ridge)

Height of roof approx 1m, length of roof approx 2.5m by 6m long approx

approx area of roof will be 18m2

For the whole roof and to allow a bit extra I have said 40m2

Where i need help is the roof has quoted it will cost £1100 (£550 for the material costs +£350 for labour), based on the following

430 Tiles (I believe my tiles are Marley Majors roof tiles) --£350
12 Ridge Tiles -- £40
600ft LATH (Is this the battens?) --£50
1 breatheable felt --£50
8 undercloak (not sure what this is)--£10

(The labour cost does include putting up facias and guttering costs which may up the £200 material costs which I am comfortable with)

The roofer said he would do for labour only if I can get the material cheaper which I perfer to do as he based on his tile calculations the roof was 50m2 so not sure if the tiles cost amount is correct (initially he was saying 500 tiles).

Ideally I want to pay around £800 - £900 in total (maybe living in cuckoo land but atleast I have been reassured)

so the bit I need help on really is there anyone in the midlands who can tell me a good roof supplier in wolverhampton to confirm the tile costs are correct or a roof prepared to do the job.

Also the chippy putting the roof structure sugested I could use flat pan tiles as these are really all I need does anyones any sugestion on cost and the amount I need

thanks in advance

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:08 am