Help with changing this different type of light bulb
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Michael_P
Labourer
Labourer

Help with changing this different type of light bulb

by Michael_P » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:19 pm

Hello,

Ceiling pendant in my room stopped working yesterday, and when I went to change the light I was quite surprised as this is quite different to any other light system I saw so far. Obviously, I changed light bulbs a million times, however this isn't really a bulb and whatever I tried it looked like there is no way to disconnect this light.

Furthermore, I don't really know what type of light is this, since typing numbers from it to google didn't really help me.

Can anyone please provide me with any useful info on how to change this?

Thank you!
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 18.08.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 18.03.39 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-01-12 at 18.03.39.jpeg

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help with changing this different type of light bulb

by ericmark » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 am

I would guess R7s it sits between two spring loads contacts and you must not touch the quartz with your fingers, there are LED replacements but they are larger and it depends on design of fitting as to if they will fit.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help with changing this different type of light bulb

by Mr White » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm

You grab the old one in the centre with finger and thumb and "pull" it to one side. (About 1cm) This will release it from the connector opposite to the direction you pulled it. you can then take it out.

When you put it back, as ericmark points out, you must not touch the "glass" with your fingers, use the packing the new one came in.

Oh, and do make sure it is off before you change the lamp, they get to around 500 degrees in seconds. They do this in order to work properly as it is quartz, not glass.

They are often rated at 300w, are you sure it is not time to get a new brighter LED light?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:19 am