Help With Huge Scottish Power Bill
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

HelpGasIssue
Labourer
Labourer

Help With Huge Scottish Power Bill

by HelpGasIssue » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi, my first post but desperately seeking help/advice on an issue.

I moved to a three bed semi in October and have recently had a 3 month gas and electric bill from Scottish power for £750! Electric bill is in line with our old house (£180) (also a Three bed semi) with the rest all being has.

We’ve called them as we thought we may have got the initial meter reading wrong and they said give them a reading today (a week after we called) but it’s gone up more than their original estimate which is clearly wrong and unsustainable to pay.

The frustration for us is we were with them historically at a house of the same size, so they know we never got higher tham £90 a month so can see how crazy this is.

We can’t smell gas anywhere in the house or garage, and we only use the heating for a few hours in the evening like we always have. Our oven is electric so it’s only the hob and heating.

I have three young children and I’m worried we now need to sit with the gas/heating off to avoid more cost.

Scottish power will come and check the meter in a week but say as things stand we need to pay.

Can anyone offer help/advice on how to manage current gas use and to ensure we only pay for what we use (as they can see from all our old bills)

Please help!!

It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:10 pm