Help With Kitchen Interior Please - Colour Combination and Design Advice!
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nickjon911
Labourer
Labourer

Help With Kitchen Interior Please - Colour Combination and Design Advice!

by nickjon911 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi,

First post so hoping someone can help with the interior design of my kitchen. I have been renovating for the past couple of weeks in the evenings after work and have hit a bit of a sticking point.

I've put down solid oak worktops, fitted and plumbed in a belfast sink with Perrin and Rowe bibcock taps. The kitchen units are painted in Farrow and Ball 'Vert de Terre'.

Its a country cottage kitchen so can't put anything too modern in. Can I just get people's thoughts on vert de terre? I quite like it, other half seems to think its quite cold. Is there too much of it? We also cant decide on wall colours. I think F&B James White works well, anyone think a different colour would look better?

Also there is a second kitchen unit on another wall (photo 2) (kitchen is L shaped) and I'm thinking of painting this a different colour to the rest of the Vert de Terre units, perhaps a pale blue in the F&B range that ties in nicely with the Vert de Terre and James White walls? Again suggestions would be appreciated. It's the first room I've completely renovated so all the different colours/options are scrambling my mind!!

Lastly, wall tiles. Any ideas other than plain, cream tiles. Would you use tiles at all?

Although I'd quite like it to be a little different I am also mindful that we will likely sell the propety within 3-5 years so looking to keep in relatively neutral so it appealing to most people.

Any ideas/suggestions for colour combinations or design etc would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Nick
Attachments
image (3).jpeg
image (3).jpeg (31.84 KiB) Viewed 3300 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (32.77 KiB) Viewed 3300 times

Cook85
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help With Kitchen Interior Please - Colour Combination and Design Advice!

by Cook85 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:48 pm

I like that colour. I think plain white tiles would look good, those rectangular shaped ones that look a bit like like old fashioned toilet tiles (this makes sense to me!) I also think pale blue looks good and, if you fancy a bit more colour, pink looks good with that green too. If you're not sure though I'd say live with it for a while and think about your accessories.

Alysha29
Labourer
Labourer

by Alysha29 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 am

Use blinds for your kitchen interior.

sarahbing88
Labourer
Labourer

by sarahbing88 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi Nick,

First of all I love your new kitchen! I think you've got all main things covered. The only thing you can do is to add decorations. I am a fan of modern vintage design, so I would suggest to add bright cutlery (bright yellow, blue or orange colours) as you need to make your kitchen lively.

If you want I can help you to visualise it, if you send me pictures of your new kitchen, I will edit it and show what I mean.

Looking foward to hearing from you (and help you to improve your kitchen interiors)!

Sarah

HeatherGil
Labourer
Labourer

by HeatherGil » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:14 pm

I would use tiles, may be white and in the middle of the wall or in 2 columns tiles with some ornaments or flowers. I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to explain :)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:45 pm