Honda Versatool Attachments
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

Thrus
Labourer
Labourer

Honda Versatool Attachments

by Thrus » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi folks
I'm needing someone in the know on the Honda Versatool , I've just won an eBay auction for a used Versatool power head, placed a max bid and forgot about it as I thought it'd go for more than I put on , I was to say the least surprised to win the thing with a bit to spare ! I'm in the garden and property maintenance business set up a couple of years ago and going well , after killing six 2 stroke multi tool power heads this year (McCullochs , Ryobis, Titans, Mac Alistairs and Robins ) I've decided the only way to go is Honda 4 stroke but cannot afford to buy at new prices so now constantly on the lookout for good used machines , I was aware of the crazy prices for the genuine Versatool attachments before I placed a bid , as the attachments I'm currently using are all 5mm square drive and I'd reckoned on the Versatool being either 7 or 9 spline my plan was to buy the unbranded attachments that are readily available on eBay matched to the power heads drive
......... so here's the spot the Muppet that didn't do his homework bit ,
The Versatool is a six spline drive !!! I can't find anything anywhere that will fit other than the genuine Honda attachments which at £240 for a hedge trimmer and £200 for a pole pruner they are way outta my price range so my question to you good folk is does anyone know if cheaper unbranded six spline attachments are available anywhere ? or does an adapter exist that would convert either square or 7/9 spline drive to 6 , if anyone can help it'd be massively appreciated !!!

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:34 pm