horrible smell in bathroom
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimto
Labourer
Labourer

horrible smell in bathroom

by jimto » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:03 pm

Can anybody help a desperate person. I have a horrible smell coming into my bathroom (not all the time) I have recently had a camera survey which reveled a cracked clay pipe. This has been changed but still the smeel is present. I have had a new soil pipe connector to the toilet also. I have three toilets in the property and only one has the smell.
I have not got a vented soil pipe could that be the problem, but surely it would be a problem in the others if that was the case.
Any replies would be appreciated.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:48 pm

A vented soil pipe should eliminate th smells. When the cracked drain was repaired, was all the water and waste that seeped out removed and lime put down to help with the odour ?

At college the lecturer/building surveyor told us about a project where there was a void under a concrete floor of a house, when the drain collapsed it wasn't noticed and the void filled up with toilet waste, before any problems with the drains were detected, the waste had to be pumped out. Lime will neutralise the odour.

As the toilet waste pipe should be fully sealed, apart from the vent outside, i would imagine the smell will be coming from somewhere else, maybe from under the house ??

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:49 pm