Hot Water / Heating problem
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
tftrsi
Labourer
Labourer

Hot Water / Heating problem

by tftrsi » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:56 am

Hi guys,
I've been having some work done to my kitchen. We've had a wall removed to make a big kitchen-diner area and had an RSJ inserted. On the wall that was removed there was a radiator. The work is not quite finished so at the moment it has been laid down on the floor until it is removed completley. The valve on the non-temperature side of the radiator has been closed.
The problem I have is that now I can't get hot water and when the heating is on, none of the other rad's heat up?!
What could be causing this??
I've checked and the boiler is on, it knows when i turn on a hot tap as the LED lights up for hot water.

Cheers for any help!
Simon

grizzlyadams
Apprentice
Apprentice

by grizzlyadams » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 pm

Try opening the radiator up to the system and see if your problem goes away. If it does you will need to bypass the radiator as possible your boiler is cutting out on high temp as no heat flow though seems a wierd one. Try opening it up and se what happens from there.

grizzlyadams
Apprentice
Apprentice

by grizzlyadams » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Forgot to mention that it's normal to have like a ring main system with each radiator feeding off it and feeding back onto the return line. In some cases though the whole of the heating flow passes through the radiator then onto the next one. If that's the case then you will need to bypass the radiator to get your heating flow back to normal. Can't think why you haven't got domestic hot water though unless it's the boiler overheating with no flow through the radiator. As I said earlier try opening the rad's valves to see it this rectify's the problem.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1