Hot water not heating up, could this be connected to my shower problems?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Pinkswim
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water not heating up, could this be connected to my shower problems?

by Pinkswim » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:35 am

I have a conventional gravity fed system. At present my water in all outlets is only lukewarm and not being heated up by my boiler. If I put my immersion heater on it is red hot. We had a bathroom renovation last October and had nothing but problems with the shower, the hot water takes ages to come through, then is intermittent, after a lot of bother and second opinions it turns out the pump put on for the shower is the wrong one and should be negative head instead of positive, it’s letting air in the system and needs a flange too. I am currently trying to get the person that fitted it to come back and resolve this issue (he is dragging his feet) as don’t see why I should have to pay another £600 out to another trader to fix this when it wasn’t my mistake. Anyway, now my hot water is playing up, could this be connected??? My boiler is working fine, all green lights and no error messages. Do I wait until my shower problem is resolved and just keep using immersion heater and hope it is resolved then or do I need to get someone to come out separately and look at my hot water problems?

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:39 am