Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ollie7041
Labourer
Labourer

Hot Water not Hot From System Boiler in new House

by Ollie7041 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:54 pm

Hello all,

New to this forum so I'd apprieciate any help you could provide, hope im posting in the right place.

Recently moved into my new house around 2 months ago. All is well but ive noticed that none of the hot water taps in my house are particularly hot (i.e. you can always hold your hand under them). This is proving a bit of an issue now with getting hot enough baths or hot water for washing up etc. However, the radiators can get piping hot so I think the boiler is working fine.

The house has a system boiler, its relatively old but given that the rads are hot I thought there may be something im missing? I've turned the dial up to full on the boiler but there are no other temp measures/dials.

Any advice for things that might help? If anyone thinks its a big issue happy to call a plumber but just wanted to check im not missing something easy here..

Many thanks,

GayEddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hot Water not Hot From System Boiler in new House

by GayEddie » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:34 pm

Is there a cylinder stat on the tank try turning that up a bit see if that makes a difference.

If it is an unvented cylinder the stat me be behind a little door on cylinder near bottom

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:28 am