Hot water pressure regulator for Aqualisa quartz shower
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
robs60
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water pressure regulator for Aqualisa quartz shower

by robs60 » Sat May 29, 2010 11:32 am

I am about to convert to a pressure hot water system but have a brand new Aqualisa quartz shower in a second bathroom. I am told that the new hot water pressure would be too high for this pumped shower. Is it possible to fit an in line pressure regulator to drop the pressure back down for this one shower?

The makers can supply a replacement non pumped control box which will solve the problem but it is about £200!

I also found an in line regulator but that only drops it to 1.5 bar which I'm told is still too high. Apparently something in the region of .7 bar is required.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 pm

You can buy pressure reducing valves that are pre-set and one's that are adjustable.

http://www.vendingspareparts.co.uk/prod ... &c_urn=153

htg

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Have you actually checked the installation instructions yourself or explained the problem to the manufacturer directly or are you simply going on advice from others?

I have fitted a couple of these showers and I must say they are brilliant.

The thing is, I seem to remember the control unit has adjustable settings which you can alter depending on the system type it is connected to. I seem to recall it has a combi setting that switches the pump off altogether.

The last time was six months ago, and I can't say I took too much notice as that one was on a gravity system. Normally, pumps cant be used in a system over 1 bar but that one had standard, economy and combi settings which is unusual.

I am not entirely convinced the reducing valves direction would work. The success would depend on your mains incoming water flow rate and the boiler capacity. From memory the flow rate from this shower is awesome and a pressurised system may be unable to cope.

Have you considered upgrading to a condensing boiler, but keeping the hot water cylinder instead of instant water heating - or a combination of both?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:41 am