Hot Water Running Green After Installing new Expansion Tank
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

DanBrace
Labourer
Labourer

Hot Water Running Green After Installing new Expansion Tank

by DanBrace » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Two weeks ago I woke up to find water leaking through my daughters ceiling. Went into the loft and found water leaking from the expansion tank called a plumber and had a new one fitted that day. Thinking all the problems would be sorted and to Bath my children that night to find the hot water running green thinking that it was just the water cylinder in the loft and mixed causing this and running the water a few times would solve the green water with no luck. We then thought that the coil must have ruptured in the pressurised cylinder causing the water to be green so changed this and tested the water in the bath and it ran clear problem solved so I thought until later that night same again the hot water runs green. I'm now out of ideas as to what is causing this and any help would be appreciated I'm not sure if it's safe to Bath my kids in so using my parents which is very inconvienient. The cold water is fine and runs clear and the hot water was not green before the expansion tank leaked in the first place. After running the bath today to take a couple of pics and letting it sit there a while I noticed when I had let it out that it covered the bath in a red residue. Any help appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:17 pm