house to garage
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
walljex
Labourer
Labourer

house to garage

by walljex » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:27 pm

i am going to install electric to my garage the cable is already under the ground i just need to know what other material i need to make it water tight and what the best consumer unit to buy many thanks.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:06 pm

Hi walljex,
Check out the projects page on Part P of building regulations, before you do something not only against the law but dangerous.
KB

jaffa19
Apprentice
Apprentice

by jaffa19 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:47 pm

Hi walljex,

Sorry to poke my nose in but what Kbrownie is saying just incase your not sure is that; to ask those questions it sounds like you may not be a qualified sparks.

Installing any electrics outside is classed as a special location under BS7671 and building regs. For you to carry out any work COULD result in someone being hurt/killed if your not aware of the current wiring regulations.

PartP is the section of the building regulations relating to special locations for electrical installations.

Just making your cable watertight and buying a good brand consumer unit will not make the installation safe.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:35 pm