DIY Doctor

How can you tell the in and out feeds of a rad

Postby johnny mccluskey » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 am


Due to money shortage I stopped my plumber installing rads in my upstairs some 12 months ago. He left two 22mm pipes sticking up throught the floor. I how want to connect raditors upstairs but do not know what is the in pipe or out pipe. Is there any easy way of telling before I rip even more laminate flooring up.

Ta Johnny
johnny mccluskey
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:38 pm

Why do you need to know ?

as long as you have
1 x flow
1 x return
To each radiator it'll work

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Postby hamish72 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Some thermostatic valves are directional but most modern one are not so with new valves any way will do
Rank: Tradesman
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Postby Skids » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:04 pm


as hamish said most modern TRV can go either side, look for the arrow on the vlave body to check, usually left is flow and right is return


Rank: Ganger
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics