How did you choose a builder
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

recce1230
Labourer
Labourer

by recce1230 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I am currently carrying out research into the decision making process made by homeowners, on how they set about choosing a builder/tradesman. Please spare me one minute of your time to carry out my quick and simple survey. The research is being carried out by myself, and will form the primary data used for my dissertation.

http://www.smart-survey.co.uk/v.asp?i=43401uwekk

The research aims to investigate the decision making process made by UK homeowners when employing tradesmen to carry out improvement works on their homes and why they chose their particular builder. Was the decision made by homeowners based purely on price, reputation or the availability of the tradesmen.

There is a great deal of material available in the forms of books and web sites on how to choose the right builder, however do homeowners take any notice of the advice given from the various sources on how to choose good tradesmen. Do homeowners ask tradesmen any of the relevant questions as advised to do so by a number of recognised organisations.

Does marketing or the internet have an effect on homeowners decision making process. If people do use the internet to search for a builder then there are a number of variables: what web site they search on, what search term they use and what area or distance from them do they use.

Would the answers I seek to find out be beneficial to tradesmen in understanding why their businesses are successful or unsuccessful.

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:57 pm